A gift that keeps on giving
PERIOD OF THE PROJECT
2017 – 2018
Brother Oscar contacted the La Merced Church to follow-up with another Samaritan Strategy (SamS) project that he did some years ago in El Chimbote. Because of that contact, they were able to summon 25 leaders and pastors from different churches for a SamS project in Arequipa.
In the SamS training, he taught Harvest’s lessons and included some of the worldview lessons as well. In the process, 80% of the participants shared disciplines of love and seed projects.
Some seed projects that were reported:
– Class about health care and personal hygiene for student of the El Pionero School.
– Home care for 5 elderly couples abandoned by their families.
– Vocational orientation workshops with the theme “Achieving Success”, including the delivery of study tools.
– Vocational orientation workshops with the theme “Help! I’m finishing school.”, including vocational discovery tests, table talks and follow-up sessions.
– Community work to improve the green area of the Association Alipio Ponce that was abandoned and neglected.
– Care of widows and abandoned women in the high Andean rural areas.
Brother Oscar mentioned in his report that “the church is prepared for the great commission through the great commandment”.
The pastors trained in Arequipa are planning to multiply the SamS Program in Cusco, a city located 310 miles away. They are also praying to multiply SamS projects in Cuba.
Let us pray for the local church that hosted the SamS project, Iglesia Evangelica Peruana La Merced. May the Lord bring much fruit to their efforts to demonstrate His love to their community.